The Larchmont Police Department was one of the first agencies in Westchester County to employ motorcycles as part of their patrol efforts. Ptl. Oliver Cochran was the first member of the Department assigned to motorcycle patrol in 1910; he was one of three patrolmen at that time patrolling the Boston Post Road from the Connecticut line to the New York City line, the other two were members of the Mamaroneck Village Police and New Rochelle Police. The Larchmont Police motorcycle patrol unit grew over the year to a total of four motorcycle officers. The last member assigned to motorcycle patrol was Ptl. Walter Verdick, jr. The Department abandoned the use of motorcycles in 1955.
In the spring of 2017 motorcycle patrol was reintroduced with the purchase of a Harley Davidson Electra Glide Police Motorcycle. Police Officer Scott Schnall, a veteran member of the Police Department, has been assigned to Motor Patrol after successful completion of the Police Motorcycle Operator Course.